Background

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I mentioned that Nate had gone on a hunting trip previously. Well here you have the actual man camp. He went out in the woods in an area called Murders Creek, very fitting, archary hunting for elk. Luckily they had bought a few extra tags because that was not all they found.
Here you have the elk Wayne shot. Nate was calling it in and I guess the plan worked out perfectly because we have a freezer full of elk burger.
I believe this is the second bear they shot. They shot it late afternoon and couldn't find it. When they went back the next day a mountain lion had found it first and had it buried up to it's neck in pine needles and leaves.
This is the bear Ezra shot down in a creek bottom.
Here they are hauling it back to camp.
Although Nate didn't shoot anything I know he had a wonderful time out tromping around in the woods. And I think you all know that I don't mind not having to find a place to hang another one of his "trophies". We missed him but we know there are few places he'd rather be than in the woods.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Looks like the ideal hunting spot and that they had fun. I'm glad that Nate was able to get some time off and enjoy his "passion."

Lindsey said...

Nice work Nate...you mighty hunter!!

Lindsey said...

Love the new layout for your blog!