Background

Friday, May 9, 2008

Where are the directions to this thing!!

Well we have finally caught up with the times and joined the world of blogging. Due to the great example of friends (Angie Daw and Lindsey Bluth) and of coarse sister in laws (thanks Nicole & Nalene) I have felt compelled to share our lives with you all. Maybe it's because I don't have time to keep up with everyone, maybe it's because I feel like our lives are going at lightning speed and if I don't document it somehow, before I know it my kids will be in high school. Ok, so high school is a little far off but I still look around me and think wow, I'm getting OLD!! I"m sure that is funny to many, but really, I thought I was going to be like 23 forever! Depending on how long you've known me, you may know I've always been a bit fixated on getting old. Anyhow, life is just flying by our little family. We are now a family of four, five according to Nate, Deja is one of his girls. Jade's 1st birthday is coming up and so I've been getting "the question". The answer is No. . . we are not evening thinking about getting pregnant right now. I know I said the same thing during Taylor's first birthday and then broke the news one week later that we were pregnant, but really, this time we are holding off a bit. My first excuse was that I refused to have any more kids in diapers. Well, now that Taylor is doing pretty well in that category, I have a new excuse. For our 5th wedding anniversary, coming up July 5, we are finally taking a vacation. In October we are going to Mexico so I can't get pregnant before that. Whoh, I'm off the hook for a little longer.

Well we hope everyone will find this enjoyable, educational and most of all entertaining. We will do our best to keep it up to date with the daily occurances of our lives, not matter how boring, embarrassing, halarious etc. Now I just have to figure out how it all works. I'm sure for you long timers it's a no brainer but neither one of us have a myspace account or facebook so we are a little new to the whole deal. Let me know how we're doing. Until next time, peace out.

4 comments:

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

YAY! I was wondering when you'd join in!! Seriously? people ask you when your going to get pregnant? I'm only curious your plans for her b-day. And no they don't come cuter. Atleast not until I'm in the practice of pro-creating. We'll miss you this weekend! Kiss de girls for us!

hope2adoptbaby said...

Hey Brooke,
It won't take long for you to get hooked on this blogging thing. Its a great way to keep up with everyone! Your girls are so cute and are getting so big. Talk to you later.
Shelby Robb
hope2adoptbaby.blogspot.com

Deb and Ross said...

Hi Brooke,
I did get it! The Pic of the girls is so sweet. Where is the marker pics? LOL. Can't wait till Sat. The girls are coming, right? Not that we love you guys any less. Anyway, love the blog idea.
See ya Sat.

Allen Family said...

Glad to have ya. Keep the posts up!