Background

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Belated Mother's Day update





So I really wanted to share my mother's day with everyone because despite my expectations it turned out to be the best one yet. I wasn't too excited about the weekend in general because my dad had unknowingly scheduled a weekend bike ride and campout that weekend which left me sitting at open houses all weekend. It wouldn't be so bad if there were actully people coming to them, but things are so dog gone slow that I just sat there and got caught up on my magazine reading. Anyways, I had told Nate that I didn't want any gift, just a card since I had finally gone out and bought blinds for our house, which are fabulous I must say. I don't know how we have gotten along so long without them. So Saturday afternoon after I got home from my lively afternoon of work Nate and I did a few things around here and then headed into town to grab some dinner and pick up a few last minute groceries aka. Mother's Day cards. Yes I can admit it, I was a bit behind too. So I had never actully seen Nate pick a card out for anyone. If you recieve a card from "us", you can assume it was picked out by me. So I preceeded to pick out my multiple cards while Nate went on the search for the perfect card for me. I have to say I was quite impressed with the time and effort he put into it. You would think he would pick up 5 cards max, pick the best of the group and be on his way. But oh no, he took just as long as I did. So of coarse the pressure was building the next day. I was so curious to see this fantastic card he had spent so much time searching for. So Sunday came around, we went to church but the plan was Nate was going to stay at church and I would head off to my open house. As sacrament meeting was coming to an end Nate asked me if I minded if he and the girls join me, since it was mother's day and all. I told him this was no exciting afternoon, sitting in a completely empty house for 3 hours doing absolutely nothing, and then to add two tired little girls to the mix did not sound like fun. We'll he still persisted that if it was alright with me they would come along and keep me company. I have to say I was pretty excited. Yes, he got to skip out on some of church but he also missed his Sunday afternoon nap. We had a fun time hanging out and my step mom Kelli stopped by to say hello so we got to visit with her as well. Afterward we came home, Nate made dinner (frozen pizza) and he and the girls all worked together and even made brownies. It was quite fun to watch. After our wonderful desert I finally got to open my cards. Yes I said cardssss. So Nate bought me a mother's day card that was his style, I'm sure you can all envision that, and one that was my style, you know all the mushy stuff. It was truly just a great day for everyone.
PS. Yes, I hate my photo lay out but I"m too tired to try to fix it now. It's driving me crazy! Any assistance is appreciated.

3 comments:

Carla said...

I'm so glad that you shared this. The pictures are darling. I'm glad that you had a good day.

Chandler and Angie said...

YEA!!!! I'm so glad you got a blog, I'm going to put a link on ours so I can check it all the time. Your little fam is sooo cute!

Gloria said...

Hey Nate and Family! How are you guys? Your kids are so cute-I haven't seen you in forever-it looks like all is well.