Background

Friday, August 15, 2008

We're having a heat wave!


So for those of you who live in the NW, I'm sure you are well aware of the HOT weather we are having, for those of you who don't we are in the midst of a spell of hot hot days. Today is supposed to be the hottest I believe at 104 degrees. Yesterday is was cooler, if you can call it that at 103 degrees and tomorrow is supposed to be somewhere in the hundreds as well. We do get hot here in Oregon, however it's not typically for multiple days straight. Needless to say we stayed inside most of the week.
I was busy cleaning up in the kitchen and had let the girls watch their current favorite movie Cinderella. When I peaked in to see what they were actually doing because they were so quite I found them snuggled in their chair together actually watching the show. Taylor was mad because I was trying to get her to look at me instead of the movie she was engrossed in so her expression didn't turn out so well.Later in the afternoon I was trying to kill some time so that we could actually sit down and eat a meal with dad so I took the girls on a wagon ride down the street and back. They LOVE riding in the wagon.Today we did some bargain shopping at the local garage sales before going to the grocery store and managed to find a slip n slide. We already had plans to hang out at the neighborhood pool, (The Rae's kiddie pool) So we brought the slip and slide along and had a great time beating the heat.
Taylor wasn't a huge fan of slipping on the slip n slide but she did like walking on it and trying to drink the water. We did convince her to go down once with the two girls but as you can see she was still thirsty.

2 comments:

hope2adoptbaby said...

Looks like fun! You should come for a summer to Utah. I thought Oregon summers could get hot...not even close to Utah! Ugh. I hate being hot! :)

Carla said...

Love the pic's, they're so cute. I can't believe how the girls are growing up. Glad that you were able to have some fun in the sun.